Support for companies in all sectors
Fundraising Support for Foreign Entrepreneurs
We will be providing a one-stop service for foreigners who are considering starting up businesses in Tokyo. Staff members proficient in English support various inquiries on the fundraising that are available during the start-up phase. The support for completing the necessary procedures for the fundraising is also available.
- Dedicated Financing Supporters, who are qualified SME management consultants with a wealth of hands-on experience through years of working in financial institutions in Japan and abroad, provide financing support for budding entrepreneurs.
*The supporters are on duty three days a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We recommend making an appointment beforehand.
- Provision of information on means of financing that are targeted at the start-up phase, such as government directed credit and subsidies
- Advice on the means of financing that are suitable for the respective phases of starting up a business.
- Communication support by accompanying entrepreneurs on visits to financial institutions, etc. (interpretation, advices for preparing documents, etc.)
- Support for writing a business plan which is used to apply for fundraising support for foreign entrepreneurs, and acceptance of application for business plan certification
We will introduce questions often asked about the fundraising supporter service.
- I am setting up and expanding business in Tokyo, and I need to make loan for equipment and labor cost
- I need advice on how to write a business plan for loan applications of financial institutions
- I want to know about subsidies available from municipalities
- I want to ask how to fill out application forms of financial institutions
Support for writing a business plan which is used to apply for fundraising support for foreign entrepreneurs, and acceptance of application for business plan certification
In June 28, 2022, the Fundraising Support for Foreign Entrepreneurs Project started. This is a project that provides financing support to foreign entrepreneurs who started business less than 5 years ago, using the scheme that combines “loaning” from financial institutions with “management support” given before and after loan execution * This project is a collaboration between Tokyo Incubation Co., Ltd. (a general support organization) and financial institutions, leveraging subsidies provided by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Before applying for a loan through this project, you are required to have your business plan certified by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Business Development Center Tokyo (Akasaka) is accepting applications for support for writing a business plan and for certification of a business plan from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Principal Requirements for Support Recipients
- Under the grand plan of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government to strengthen international competitiveness of industries and to build up a base of global economic activity in Tokyo area, those who have a strong will to run a business for a long time in Tokyo, which fits into the grand plan and can help the improvement in living standards of Tokyo citizens.
- Less than 5 years from the date of business establishment in Japan
- Possess a status of residence that does not restrict business activities
- Representative of a corporation having its head office or principal office in Tokyo
- The business is a corporation
Please contact the following consultation desk, if you would like to get details on what conditions are required for certification of a business plan or how to write a business plan and how to apply for business plan certification.
- 【Business Development Center Tokyo (Akasaka) 】
Business Hours (for Fundraising Support)
- Mon・Wed・Fri 9:30～17:30 (Japan Time/ period Dec 30 - Jan 3)